Information on student hostels in Shivamogga district
Department of Backward Classes Welfare
As the Backward Classes Commission submitted report to the Government which has been accepted, for the development from all angles of the Backward classes and Minorities, separately started the Department for Backward Classes and Memories, during the year 1977. Through the Department, the programs have been implemented and framed for improvement of Back ward classes.
As per the Article 15 of the Indian Constitution in the Education field, as per Article 16 in the field of employment provided reservations for Back ward classes caste. As per the Government Order No. Sa.Ka.E/225/BCA 2000 dated 30-3-2002, 50% reservations provided for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled classes and Back ward Classes. Out of which facilities provided at 32% reservations for Backward classes.
Pattern Of Administration
The programs of the Department of Back Ward Classes Welfare presently have been implement at the District level through Zilla Panchayath. Under the guidance and directions of the Hon’ble Deputy Commissioner, Shivamogga, the Chief Executive Officer of Zilla Panchayath, District Back Ward Classes Welfare officer, the programmes have been implemented.
There is office of the Extension Officers of Back Ward Classes at the Taluk level, who shall be the implementation officers of the departmental programmes. Also they shall execute the works under the Taluk Panchayath Executive Officers. Inspection of hostels, sanctioning of scholarships; inspection of Educational institutions ; inspection of Unit offices, conducting spot inspection relating to issue of Entitlement certificate, furnishing information’s as instructed from the District office, etc., are the important responsibilities.
For providing facilities to the students of rural areas, providing free Boarding, residence and other facilities including Pre Matric and Post Matric students hostels at District, Taluk and rural areas are being maintained. Like that, in the district, there are six Morarji Desai Residential schools, Two Indira Gandhi Residential schools and one Morarji Desai Residential Pre University Colleges have being maintained from the Department.
State Sector Schemes
- Post matric Scholorship for backward Classes Students
- Fee Concession
- Pre matric Scholorship for Backward Classes students
- Opeining of and maintenance of New hostel for OBC students
- Vidyasiri, Food and Accomodation Scheme
- Pre matric scholorship for NT/SNT students
- Post matric scholorship for NT/SNT students
- Awarenes programme in NT/SNT colony
- Under NT/SNT scheme, constuction of CC road and drainage in NT/SNT colony
- Taluk Backward Classes Welfare offices
- D. Devaraj URS Prathibha puraskar
- Nursing training allowances
- PHD Fellowship for Backward Classes students
- IAS/IPS/BANKING Pre examination training programme
- Construction of hostel building (Site purchase, Hostel building construction and repairs)
- Constuction of D. Devarau URS Bhavan
- Construction of Samudaya Bhavan
District Sector Schemes
- Maintenance of Backward Classes hostels
- Fee concession to OBCs
- Executive Establishment
- Maintenance of buildings
- Maintenance of Tailoring training centres
- Late Sri Devaraj URS birthday celeberations
- stipend to Advocates
- Development of OBCs Scholorship to Backward Classes Students
- Improvement of pre matric and post matric hostels
- Backward Classes Taluk Extension offices
- Tailoring training centres
- Incentive to hostelers
Backward Classes Welfare Department, Shivamogga
Phone : 08182- 222129